Friday, May 23, 2008

My foray into the blogosphere...

Well howdy to all of you out there in cyberspace.

To answer the question you're surely asking yourself right now: Yes, it is indeed true. I'm now a blogger.

While I'm sure this has brought peace to your worried soul, there is probably a little residual concern left hanging around as well. How can someone with such a dynamic personality, such charisma, have such a plain jane layout for his blog? Well, I'll tell you. After an extensive search of what is commonly known as the "inter-net," I have concluded that there aren't any pre-made layouts that are up to the high standards I have for myself and this production. Rest assured that I have spent a great deal of time - a majority of it at work - sketching possible page layouts and planning features that will bring the most educational and entertaining value for the viewing public. I've even invested (at my own expense, mind you) in reading material to teach myself to write HTML and therefore design my own page layout. You're welcome.

As to what one should expect from this little web log, or "blog," as the kids like to say. I have often stated that I know what is best for everyone (it's true!) and have decided that ideal will be the foundation for the commentary found on this web page. I will try to update frequently but please don't expect to see new posts every single day. As much as I feel my advice will benefit everyone out there, there needs to be some accountability at the individual level. I'm sorry but "them's the breaks." I will also be posting news and photos from my daily life on occasion. I feel this is important so that I'm able to set the appropriate example for those of you that want to keep up with the latest trends in... well, in everything. Again, you're welcome.

Now, I realize that there are a few jealous people out there (BriAnne?) that might describe this blog as "pretentious" or "a complete waste of space that I may print out to paper train my new puppy with." Please, pity these people. Unlike me, they feel they need to bring others down to make themselves feel better. Don't worry, I still love you in spite of your petty jealousy.

So, until next time, loyal readers: remember, you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

6 Comments:

BriAnne said...

I pretty much love your new, pretentious blog. Heh heh. And really, what would a person do if they didn't have at least one pretentious sibling?:) I mean, you were pretty much lost until you realized you practically had a redneck for a sister, so I'm just satisfied that you've given me this peace of mind.

And P.S., chicks only dig scars if they're not on your face.

BriAnne said...

Oh, sorry, you know hicks are slower than the average, but I was going to say that I love all of your quotes down the side.

Alice Jane said...

Why are you not a journalist? You can write. I think I have one or two connections in the newspaper industry that may be able to pull a few strings. The same goes for Brianne. She can write too. Is it a family thing? You all have talent.

Nathan and Raya said...

Matt! You have arrived and in such great style, I might add.
I'm dying to see your layout that you produce. I'm sure it will be awe inspiring.
FYI, your nose picking thing doesn't work. Ilee came to me today asking me to pick her nose. "pick nose mama" as she reached for my hand and placed it at her nostrils.

Looking forward to future knowledge and wisdom from Matt, Matt walker.

Crystal said...

WOw, such perfection in such a concentrated space! Who knew it could be done? Matt, of course. I do pity BriAnne, but because she doesn't live in Pullman where she can hang (snake free) with me, or close enough to you (but I prefer me). And Raya, Ilee doesn't count, she's family. No one says you can't pick family's noses. I pick Austin's all the time. I hate crusties. Anyway, I digress. Before I do so again, I shall sign off.

Kim Hawryluk said...

Nice to see you have joined the club! Can't wait to see what words of wisdom you have for us! :)