Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Who doesn't love surveys? (Well I do, so tough cookies!)

I haven't done one of these in a while. Good times.

1. Do you like blue cheese? I don't think so... I don't remember, though. I'll have to ask Heather.

[#2. was a victim of downsizing. Stupid economy.]

3. Do you own a gun? Never, never, never. Well, maybe I'll buy one the day after never. I don't want to own anything that's sole purpose is to end a life. (Side comment: Am I the only one that finds it ironic that the Republican party claims they're pro-life, yet, they believe those lives have a constitutional right to buy automatic weapons? Interesting.)

4. What flavor Kool Aid was your favorite? Take one ginormous pitcher, one package of cherry, one package of orange, 2 metric tons of sugar, mix in some water, enjoy.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? No... That might be because I never go. Seriously, I could have a bone sticking out of my arm and I'd just say, "Dang it! Someone get me a band-aid so I don't have to go to the doctor." True story.

6. What do you think of hot dogs? They are American, I am American, therefore I eat them to be patriotic. Plus, I haven't read The Jungle by Upton Sinclair, yet, so I still think they're delicious.

7. Favorite Christmas movie? A photo finish between A Christmas Story ("You'll shoot your eye out, kid!") and Elf ("So, good news, I saw a dog today.")

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Monster energy drinks. I'm working on kickin' that habit... again. I'm inspired by Mark Twain, who said, "Quitting smoking is easy! I've done it dozens of times."

9. Can you do push ups? I haven't in a while, but, I think so.

10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? Men should really only wear a wedding ring and a watch. I haven't been able to trick a woman into marrying me and I can't find my watch. So, there you go.

11. Favorite hobby? Buying books, reading books, thinking about books, and talking about books. (You can also insert "movies" in for "books," although, books do win out over movies in a hand-to-hand, fight-to-the-death cage match.)

12. Do you have A.D.D.? ADD? Sure. I can also subtract, multiply, and divide. Yay me!

13. What's one trait you hate about yourself? Procrastination. "Maybe if I just put this off until later, it will magically fix itself!"

14. Middle name? Stephen

15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment: "Boy, my stomach really hates me right now." "My hands are cold and it's making it hard to type!" "I wonder if the cops will get called on my neighbors again today... How exciting! I'll have to wait and see."

16. Name 3 drinks you drink regularly? Monster, water, and lemonade. Not at the same time though.

17. Current worry? Getting sued.

18. Current hate right now? That Obama is only up by 8 points in the polls. Are you freaking kidding me?! McCain is another war monger from the Bush School of Governance. Sarah Palin's only experience is being mayor of a town the size of Chehalis and governor of a state that has 100,000 more citizens than the CITY OF SEATTLE! I understand Americans' need to have a candidate that understands the common man, but I would hope that the candidate would actually be a little more qualified than the common man. It's the equivalent of saying, "Look, I know this guy isn't a doctor, but, I feel like he understands me. Plus, he seems like a good guy... That's why Ted here is going to take my appendix out. (I met him at a barbecue last weekend.)"

19. Favorite place to be? Home with the fam in Chehalis when everyone is able to come home to visit.

20. How did you bring in the New Year? Watching some idiot mess up the fireworks on the Space Needle from Heather's apartment. It was pretty funny. I kept thinking, "Boy, I hope the city saved their receipt for this one."

21. Where would you like to go? Anywhere warm and far away from here.

22. Name three people who will complete this? Who knows? Most people that read this are deadbeats. We attract our own kind.

23. Do you own slippers? Homer Simpson slippers, to be specific. They're pretty funny.

24. What color shirt are you wearing? Yellow.

25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I realize that it's supposed to be hot or romantic or whatever... I just keep picturing myself sliding right off the bed onto the floor. Now THAT'S hot.

26. Can you whistle? Yeah.

27. Favorite color? Blue.

28. Would you be a pirate? After seeing Pirates of the Caribbean, I've decided that being a pirate means being one (very small) step away from being a cross-dresser. I think I'll pass. Thank you, though.

29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Singing in the shower is really rare for me. It interferes with my thought process in there. (See post from September 30)

30. Favorite girl's name?

31. Favorite boy's name?

(For questions 30 and 31, I just wanted to state that I've spent about zero seconds thinking about this. With as close as I am to getting married, this is just kind of jumping the gun a little bit. Sorry to be a "Debbie Downer.")

32. What's in your pocket right now? Don't have any. These are basketball shorts! Don't be ridiculous.

33. Last thing that made you laugh?

34. Best bed sheets as a child? Star Wars!

35. Worst injury you've ever had? Getting stitches in my knee and not being able to go near the water for those few weeks during the summer when our cousins were visiting from Idaho. That sucked.

36. Do you love where you live? The Seattle area will always be home. I miss my apartment a lot.

37. How many TVs do you have in your house? Dos.

38. Who is your loudest friend? I think I'm the loud one. Heather is always telling me, "Inside voice." I can't help getting worked up over stuff!

39. How many dogs do you have? Let's see... carry, the seven... divide the remainder by 3... um, I think the answer is zero.

40. Does someone have a crush on you? Doubtful.

41. What is(are) your favorite book(s)? Top 5: God Bless You Mr. Rosewater by Kurt Vonnegut, Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk, Naked by David Sedaris, Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho, and Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman

42. What is your favorite candy? Peanut butter Twix

43. Favorite Sports Team? I'm trying to stick with my Seahawks and Mariners... They're making it REALLY hard, though. (For the baseball playoffs, I'm rooting for Tampa Bay. You've gotta love a team that collectively makes less than A-Rod this year.)

44. What song do you want played at your funeral? Hmm... How about "Come On Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners? Then, everyone has to sing along like in Tommy Boy. I think I'll put that in my will so you'll all be legally bound to do it. That will be so sweet.

3 Comments:

Crystal said...

Sweet Survey! ALthough I am amazed at the lack of tagging. There always has to be tagging for some odd reason. And you can't duck and say a cartoon carachters name, so there's no getting out of it. When you're tagged, you're tagged. And yes, my kid is brilliant. You can now add folding arms for prayer and saying Amen (half the time) and if Zach would speak to him in Spanish, he'd be trilingual. If you can actually call his words a language. Just because I understand them doesn't mean he can enroll in college yet. Muhmee may be nothing to you, but to me it's marshmallow, so I think I'll be the one getting the prizes for now. Like my long comment? So do I.

BriAnne said...

#1 You're My Hero.

#2 Since you haven't read The Jungle.....DON'T.....you'll never thoroughly enjoy a good Ball Park frank again.

#3 I wish you and Kyle shared some sort of bond about guns. I can't even stand the BB gun he likes to shoot at the dogs when they won't quit barking. At least we have a gun safe now, right?.....too bad the guns aren't in it. Whatever.

Anonymous said...

I like that your current worry is about getting sued. What have you done recently to attain this worry?

Yes, the Cougars are worse than the Huskies... which I really didn't think was possible. They have a whole mess of problems.