Sunday, June 22, 2008

RECENT NEWS!!!

Okay, there really isn't anything too exciting to report. I just wanted to get everyone all worked up about my "RECENT NEWS" and nothing does that like capital letters and exclamation points. Feeling a little embarrassed now? Mmm, I can feel your shame and it sustains me. [Evil laugh] WUAH HA HA HA...

Now that I'm done with that creepiness, back to recent news. Work is, um, "exciting" as ever. (Picture me rolling my eyes for the full effect.) We just had inventory which was just about as fun as counting stuff can be. We're about to start summer quarter so the campus is basically a ghost town. All we need is a tumbleweed or two and we'll be set.

I'm (slowly) plowing forward with my edumacational goals. The big thing now is finding a job that pays well enough for me to be able to live in Orem. Why don't people hiring feel the need to move faster than the rate most government agencies use to accomplish, well, anything? I can speak from experience as I work for a government agency (the school is run by the state) and it took six months AND written permission for us to be able to throw away two broken chairs that had been sitting in our storeroom for a couple of YEARS. Your tax dollars at work. Yay.

Reasons this move is going to be the coolest:
  1. I really dig books and learning new stuff. It's true, ask anybody.
  2. I'll have my own place again. I think I'm the only person in my family that absolutely CRAVES time to be by myself. I miss silence.
  3. I'll be able to get my rockin' furniture out of storage. I have the best sofa in the universe so feel free to be jealous of me. I've got all my housewares type items already, too. I told my mom that I don't need to get married because I already have all the stuff that people give you as gifts. She didn't seem to like this logic but, come on, what am I going to do with 3 more toasters? Why else would someone get married? I find the whole topic confusing.
  4. Probably the best thing is that any time you make a move like this, it's a chance to reinvent yourself. I don't just mean giving yourself a cool, new nickname like "T-Bone." (Which I've been seriously considering.) I mean, I can pretty much pretend that I haven't been a slacker for the last decade and there won't be anyone to call me on my little charade. The only catch is, I'll have to be so consumed with avoiding slacker-like behavior, that I may actually become a non-slacker. I'll have to keep an eye on that.

If you haven't noticed by now, I have a pretty shnazzy little playlist on this here blog. If you really haven't noticed, you may have a problem with your hearing or your computer speakers. Either way, you need to get that checked out.

That's about it for now. I'm still working on my cool new blog layout... I've hit some snags but it's going to be pretty sweet. The wait will totally be worth it. (Yes it will Emily!)

Peace out, yo.

3 Comments:

BriAnne said...

Instead of T-Bone, can you call yourself Home Slice? I'm just thinking it's more Utah friendly. Plus, I think anyone who can pull it off without laughing is amazing. I have faith in you. I have a brother-in-law who can say that things are "off the chain" and seriously mean it.....and as you can imagine, he's one of my favorite people.

Kim Hawryluk said...

Your moving to Orem? Where are you going to school and what will you be taking?

Thanks for the comment on our blog! We're pretty excited about having Brianne home with us. We even had a *almost* full night of sleep last night! I hope we can keep this nice little routine we're starting to continue! :)

Crystal said...

I can bring you some tumbleweeds from over here in BFP (yes, the P is correct, I live in Pullman). Hee hee. I'm so clever. Even though I'm not fond of "BFE" I couldn't resist the joke. Anyway, hurry and place your order for tumbleweeds, we leave on Friday morning. For best selection, order now! (Do I sound like a pushy salesman?)

Oh, I already had everything housewares-ish, and I got married anyway. I inherited a stereo and more dirty laundry in the merge. It wasn't worth it til the cutest kid ever (Sorry Bri,it's true.) arrived on our doorstep two years and two days later. So unless you want a rugrat, you have my permission to stay single. Haha Ok, I have to put in a disclaimer, I really really love my hubby.