- List six facts or habits, that aren't common knowledge, about myself or my spouse. I'm not married so I have no one to dump this responsibility off on. Blast.
- Post comments on six people's blogs to let them know I read their blogs. Everyone loves attention!
- List six people I want to tag that have to do the same thing. I'm praying I even know six people that blog and haven't already done this.
Numero uno: (That's "number one" for those of you scoring at home.) I have an almost crippling aversion to NOT using proper punctuation, capitalization and spelling when I send text messages on my cell phone. I mean I can't abbreviate, write proper nouns without capitalizing the first letter, or use little text/IM speak like "lol" without cringing when I hit "send." I'm not saying it never happens, I just makes me really uncomfortable. I blame it on all the reading I do... stupid literacy.
Numero dos: (Notice the theme here? I'm SOOO bilingual!) Since I mentioned the reading business, I do kinda-sorta read a little more than the average person. It's kind of like... Well, when I read a good piece of fiction, it's like an appetizer that just whets my appetite instead of satisfying it. I get hungry for more and I can't stop. I'm like the plant in Little Shop of Horrors: FEED ME SEYMOUR! The same phenomenon occurs when I hear some little bit of trivia about something or other. Then I have to read books to learn about it. Hey, at least it's not crack!
I definitely buy WAY more books than the average person. I have books at home that I haven't even read yet and I keep buying more! There are a couple new releases I want to get, but I've been avoiding Barnes & Noble because I buy three for every one I originally intended on buying. The financial repercussions are more than I can deal with right now.
Numero tres: Speaking of my financial situation (Do you like how easily I flow from one item to the next? It's like free association thinking right before your very eyes!) So yeah, speaking of my financial situation, I'm trying to save some loot so I can go to school and get myself edumacated. I figure some book learnin' will be gooder for my job prospects. I just received my little acceptance letter from UVSC in Orem, UT for the fall. Crazy craziness, eh? I'm going to be in their graphic arts program or whatever fancy-shmancy name they call it. Visual art... communications... yada, yada, yada. It's graphic arts.
Wellllll... THIS looks educational! WOO-HOO!
I just need to find a job down there and that's really turning into a tricky situation. I figure that the worst-case scenario would have me sleeping on Dan and Amanda's front steps because I can't find a place to live and they won't let that "crazy bum that eats all of our food" into the house. Like I said, that's just the worst-case scenario. They might give me a blanket.
Numero... what is this now? Oh, yeah. CUATRO: I shouldn't have ended that last one with the "blanket" comment. I've got nothing for a transition. Anyway, number four: Norah Jones - my favorite favoritest singer in the universe. I have all three of her CD's plus miscellaneous songs I've downloaded. When her next CD comes out, I'll buy it the day it's released. I've seen her twice in concert and both times were FAN-TAS-TIC. I think it was the only concert I've ever been to that didn't cause you to shout at everyone for an hour afterwards (due to temporary deafness) and, most importantly, everyone leaves the show feeling good. If she comes to town again, I'll buy tickets even if I have to spend food money to do it.
Oh, and one other little thing: I'm totally going to marry her.
Another little thing: Restraining order, shmestraining order!
Numero cinco! I don't really have anything for this one. When I first thought of cinco, my mind jumped to Cinco de Mayo!
AY-YI-YI-YI-YI! (Heather does this noise really well.)
Numero seis: I've been sick for four days now and I can't believe I was able to get this much down without my brain exploding. I hear it hurts and I'd rather avoid it. I am going to go watch The Office on DVD - I have all 3 available seasons so far, you can be jealous of me if you want - and hopefully the crazy hijinks of Dwight K. Schrute will speed my recovery.




3 Comments:
Your Spanish amazes me. And your flow. I know you already know this, but we all aspire to your level of greatness. It's sad really because we know we can never attain it. Sad day.:)
It's great to hear you are coming to Orem! I think the single guys below us might have a room for rent. I'm not really sure how much though.
And the stuff we are storing... not much you'd be interested in, but you're welcome to browse when you get here. When are you coming?
Wow, I didn'[t realize how much alike we are. Numeros uno and dos were like I was writing it instead of you. Wow!! Yeah, and I tagged you too by the way, so thanks for reading my blog.
Post a Comment