Yesterday, I was, what I like to call, "worked up" about the whole "lipstick on a pig" comment made by Barack Obama in a speech. Actually, I was more worked up about the Republican's overreaction to that ad-libbed comment. (I'd rather not get into all that, just now. Let me just say, for the record, that I think the whole situation is silly and if anything, the Republicans are the ones acting sexist. I'm sure I'll post more about that later.) I totally had the whole Rocky Balboa, "Eye of the Tiger" business going on. I'm not an angry person by nature so it tends to wear me out.
I had to do some grocery shopping on the way home and I prefer to do that at my friendly, neighborhood QFC, as they tend to have better produce and deli items than the ghetto Safeway down the street from me. Guess what I found?! Tilamook makes a marionberry pie ice cream. Vanilla ice cream, swirls of marionberry goodness, and chunks of pie crust!
I had just had a pretty emotionally trying day and then Fate turned that frown upside-down. It suddenly became the best day of my life. (Try this ice cream and it'll be the best day of YOUR life, too!)
I guess the lesson I'm trying to convey here is that sometimes when life seems to be raining lipstick covered pigs on you, (enjoy that visual for a second) remember that there can always be marionberry pie ice cream right around the corner.
Everything is going to be okay.





3 Comments:
I LOVE that ice cream!!! Remember when we used to by it all the time...I think Darigold made it but stopped. I hope I can find it here. Completely jealous!!!
I'm really loving the quote by GW on the side of your blog. It really makes me wonder... how did somebody like him ever become president?
I want some marionberry pie ice cream...no joke...I may actually NEED it...maybe the baby NEEDS it...that's just the way I feel. :o) MISS YOU MATT...you're just funny! Love ya!
Post a Comment