Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement are FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS. A photo:
These guys crack me up like nothin' else. They originally started out doing stand-up and some big-wig at HBO thought, "Hey, these guys are funny. We should give them a show!" So, long story short, they did.
Being the obsessive person that I am, I naturally own season one of the HBO series (along with two albums) that I can only describe as a combination of Tenacious D and Napoleon Dynamite. They have a really dry, quirky sense of humor, a HILARIOUS fan-slash-stalker named Mel, a dorky manager named Murray that works full-time at the New Zealand consulate so he has to have band meetings in his office, AND they include two or three musical numbers in each episode. Sounds like a recipe for some good times, yes?
Here's one of my all-time favorite songs from the show. This will paint a pretty accurate picture of why these guys are so popular with the ladies. Who said, "Romance is dead?" Not me!
Ahhh... Inspirational!
Here's another video. This one is from one of their live performances. [SIDE NOTE: They're doing three shows at the Paramount Theater in Seattle in May. All the shows were completely general admission seating at $38 a pop. They sold out almost immediately (thus, the three shows) and the cheapest tickets I can find are through the brokers for $100+ per seat. When did Nazis start running things around here? I mean, this is AMERICA, right?!] Anyway, here's a little story set to music entitled "Jenny."
"Ha ha ha ha ha ha... What a HILARIOUS misunderstanding!"
Hopefully you've enjoyed those little ditties as much as I have... in the two times I've watched season one start to finish and in the dozen or so times I've watched each one of these songs on YouTube. (AND laughed like it was the first time I'd ever heard any of them!)
So, I've got problems, but really, who doesn't? At least I'll have the musical stylings of Bret and Jemaine playing in my head to keep me company in my little padded cell. It could be a lot worse. At least I'm not addicted to the frenetic ramblings of the Gilmore Girls. (Oh snap!)




1 Comment:
I didn't see this post before. It's so awesome! I loved the songs!
Post a Comment