Wednesday, July 23, 2008

8 Things

Okay, okay, okay... I know it's been about 200 years since I posted last, so I'm going to provide all kinds of groovy art and entertaining tidbits for your viewing pleasure. Here we go.

8 THINGS: (There weren't actually 8 questions, you were just supposed to list 8 answers to the provided questions. I thought that was lame so I added a couple to make it 8 questions of 8's. That's 64 for those of you scoring at home.)

8 Things I'm passionate about:
  • My family
  • My faith
  • My country
  • Literature
  • Knowledge
  • Humor
  • The Arts
  • Movie quotes (Who doesn't love those???)
8 Things I say a lot:
  • "BLAST! Sorry for using such strong language. I was just really upset."
  • "Why won't everyone just do what I say?"
  • "That's so rad." (Or, "That's awesome." It depends on my mood.)
  • "Oh, my gosh... Sometimes, I'm even jealous of myself."
  • "No problem!"
  • "Don't worry! I'm okay."
  • "Oh SNAP!"
  • "I'm not trying to tell you your business or anything... I'm just saying."
8 Things I would like to do before I die:
  • Be a dad
  • Maybe cut down on the number of stupid actions committed by yours truly instead of acting like it's my hobby.
  • Travel (Paris, Madrid, Lisbon, London, Venice, Athens, Jerusalem, Cairo, Sydney, Tokyo, Manila, Hawaii, Rio de Janiero, San Juan, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Hogwarts.)
  • Visit Washington D.C. (The White House, the Capitol, the Lincoln Memorial, the Library of Congress, etc.)
  • Own a house
  • Love my job
  • Sell something I've written
  • Convince Heather that Miracle Whip is truly evil and wrong.
8 Books I've read:
  • Animal Farm by George Orwell
  • Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman
  • Ishmael by Daniel Quinn
  • God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater by Kurt Vonnegut
  • Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk
  • Naked by David Sedaris
  • Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
  • Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho
8 Movies I've seen 8 times:
  • The Big Lebowski
  • Rudy
  • What About Bob?
  • Rushmore
  • While You Were Sleeping
  • Fight Club
  • Elf
  • The Goonies
8 People I tag: (If you've been tagged already, just ignore this part. It's not my fault I don't know that many bloggers.)
  • BriAnne, Kyle and the Crazy Kids
  • Dan and Amanda
  • Joey, Sarah and Kennady (Although I don't expect Kennady to say much.)
  • Wendy and David
  • Emily-bo-bemily
  • Amy and Jon
  • Raya and Nathan
  • Kim and Andrew

BONUS QUESTIONS! (Cuz you gots to have 8!)

8 Songs that you totally dig:
  • "Humble Me" by Norah Jones
  • "Adam's Song" by blink-182
  • "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters
  • "In a Sentimental Mood" by Duke Ellington & John Coltrane
  • "Christmas Time is Here (Instrumental)" by the Vince Guaraldi Trio
  • "And So It Goes" by Billy Joel
  • "Ooh La La" by Faces
  • "Beyond the Sea" by Bobby Darin
BONUS-BONUS SONGS: (Cuz I'm a cheater. Sue me.)
  • "Short Skirt / Long Jacket" by Cake
  • "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John
  • "Blessed" by Martina McBride
  • "Hey There Delilah" by the Plain White T's
  • "Santeria" by Sublime
  • "Stand By Me" by Ben E. King
  • "Story of My Life by Social Distortion
  • Basically any song that involves the musical stylings of Weezer
8 Restaurants that have food you'd describe as DEEEEE-licous:
  • Happy Teriyaki - Olympia, Lacey, and Centralia, WA
  • Chehalis Deli - Chehalis, WA
  • Palermo - Seattle, WA (Capitol Hill)
  • The Bagel Deli - Seattle, WA (Capitol Hill)
  • Olive Garden - (Only the one in West Olympia with my good friend Shanna Banana for lunchtime soup, salad, and breadsticks.)
  • Shanghai - Centralia, WA
  • Casa Ramos - Centralia, WA
  • IHOP - (Only in Bellevue, WA with Maira Crazy-pants)

Peace, I'm out.

4 Comments:

BriAnne said...

So, I tried commenting earlier today and when I was finished and submitted it, it told me that blogger was unavailable (whatever that means). So, if you have two comments from me, just publish one or we'll both look retarded.:)

Okay, first off, I really appreciated the 8 things you say a lot. I could hear you saying all of them and I laughed right out loud. I love that you're so self aware.

Secondly, Heather, if you read this, Miracle Whip really IS evil. Matt's just trying to help you, not deceive you.:)

Lastly, is there any movie better than The Goonies? Truthfully? Can you say, "ROCKY ROAD!"

And P.S., when you do become a Dad, you'll be a great one. I realize I shouldn't say nice things on your blog because then people will know we're actually pleasant to each other, but you will be.....SO THERE!

Crystal said...

When you go to Hogwarts, I'm coming too. It's not a question. It's a statement, so you better let me know.

Emily said...

Can I just say you're like the funniest person that I know of! I'm pretty mad that Bri wrote such a long comment because now I feel like I have to keep rambling on and on. I bet I could.
I'm pretty much glad you added some questions to make it 8 because you can't call something "8 Things" when it isn't really 8. I think some people need to learn how to count.
I'm also very glad that you included movie quotes. Unfortunately my most recent apartment didn't quite get them...It's okay, I was able to cope.
I'm pretty sure I've heard you say every one of those 8 things and I'm also pretty sure that you're starting to rub off on me!
Wow I feel like I've been typing for a long time. Sometimes I wonder if Bri has a life besides blogging...Anyway I just love you lots! Maybe I'll just come see you soon...Don't get your hopes up though because sometimes I lie...

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt and Bri, I'm on Heathers side. At least Miracle Whip has some flavor to it. It isn't blah. You have to put mustard with yours to spice it up.